Friday, August 31, 2012

31 August 2012

August has been a 'quiet' month for the market. Local stocks are trading within a tight range. STI swung between positive and negative during the month, but as said, range bound. As at today, STI closed at 3.025.46, dropped 10.94 points, or 0.36% against last month. My portfolio did slightly better. Its value rose 0.57% in this month, net of new investment.

I sold off my Fraser Comm CPPU 500, as the period of no redeeming is going to expire at the end of this month, and the convesion rate of 1.1845 is not favorable to investor. So I rather sell the stocks with a small profit, than wait for the manager to redeem them at cost.

I bought into Saizen Reit and Global Inv Limited this month. I received some bonus shares from KSH.

This month has been another "dividend" month for me. I received S$13,000 of dividend in total. Below are the top 30 holdings as at today. There are not much changes in the list. GIL made the list after I bought more of the shares.

1.   SPH
2.   Semb Corp
3.   OCBC Bk
4.   ComfortDelGro
5.   F & N
6.   DBS
7.   SP AusNet
8.   ST Engineering
9.   Starhub
10. SGX
11. FraserComm
12. MetroHldg
13. CapitaComm
14. CitySpring
15. SembMar
16. Nikko AM STI ETF 100
17. Kep Corp
18. Ascendasreit
19. SIA
20. MapletreeLog
21. SATS
22. CapitaLand
23. FrasersCT
24. AIMSAMPIReit
25. MacqIntInfra
26. Sabana Reit
27. AscottReit
28. Yangzijiang
29. GlobalInv
30. SingTel

5 comments:

Kyith said...

hi sanye, i never knew you have started a blog. will visit this frequently.

looks a good portfolio

Sanye ◎ 三页 said...

Thanks for dropping by Drizzt.

Unknown said...

Wow, judging from your portfolio, your initial investment cost must be huge.

Check out my blog, SG Web Reviews.

Regards,
www.sgwebreviews.blogspot.com

Sanye ◎ 三页 said...

Dear Greatsage,

My stock portfolio has been built up over years. The value almost doubled after the 2008/2009 financial crisis.

Your blog is interesting. I will visit often. :)

Unknown said...

Hi Sanye,
May I know what is the difference between Fraser Comm CPPU 500 and Fraser Comm?
ie. Frasers Comm (ND8U.SI) and Frasers Commercial Trust (KT8U.SI)

Prices for both are difference, may I know why

Thanks.