Monday, January 2, 2012

30 December 2011

December has been a quiet month for stock market as many are on holiday. the usual Christmas rally didn't happen, and ST index dropped another 2% in the month to end at 2646. My portfolio value dropped 1.9% in the same period, almost in line with STI.

The Straits Time said on weekend that the stock market fell 17% for the whole year of 2011. My portfolio did slightly better, cushioned by the dividend income.

I did not do much in the month. I Topped up SGX and AscendasReit towards the end of the month when their prices dropped. I received S$6,700 of dividend this month. Total dividend received exceeded my target of S$50K, but since the porfolio value dropped more than that, the net return was still negative.

Below are the top 30 holdings. Not much changes occur, except AscendasReit replace Cosco, due to new buy-in.

1. SPH
2. OCBC Bk
3. ComfortDelGro
4. Semb Corp
5. F & N
6. SP AusNet
7. DBS
8. ST Engineering
9. SGX
10. Starhub
11. MetroHldg
12. Nikko AM STI ETF 100
13. Kep Corp
14. CitySpring
15. SIA
16. FraserComm
17. SembMar
18. CapitaComm
19. Ascendasreit
20. MacqIntInfra
21. MapletreeLog
22. SATS
23. FrasersCT
24. CapitaLand
25. Sabana Reit
26. KS Energy
27. SingTel
28. AscottReit
29. AIMSAMPIReit
30. Noble Group

5 comments:

Guru said...

Very diverisied portfolio, I just want to ask do you face any problems to monitor all of them?

Can we do a link exchange? cheers

http://personalfinancemaster-guru.blogspot.com/

Sanye ◎ 三页 said...

Hi Guru,
Thanks for your comment. Frankly, I don't really monitor my stocks very closely. I study the company before buying their stock, and buy them with the plan to keep them long term.

I made mistakes along the way and paid some "tuition fee" for them. Well I am still learning.

I visited your blog. Very interesting blog indeed. I will add your link. :)

Guru said...

Thanks Sanye!
I realised most of the bloggers here are in for long term investing..
I will add your link too!
cheers :)

RH said...

Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back.

Thanks!

Harry
harry.roger10@gmail.com

Integrated Solutions said...

I would like to say that if you are an associate member of the Dividend Investing and Value Network, I hope to bring light to great companies and value investing. I am proud to be a business partner and hope to be one with you as well.

Singapore dividend stock