Wednesday, November 30, 2011

30 November 2011

November has been a very "short" month for me in term of investment. With 2 business trips in 2 weeks plus all the preparations and meetings, there was hardly time for me to do much for the portfolio.

The stock market continue to be volatile. Euro Zone crisis casts a big shadow over the global market. Stock market went up and down on news. Due to this confusion and my busy schedule, I did not make any purchase/sell this month.

At the end of the month, STI settled at 2702, 5.3% lower than end of October. My portfolio performed slightly better, dropped only 3.95% in value. I received S$4,700 in dividend this month. Together with the dividend which I am going to receive next month, the total dividend this year will exceed the 50K target set. However, the investment as a whole still give a negative return, as the value dropped (upto today) more than the dividend received.

Given the uncertainty, I will continue to position my stock portfolio towards defensive and high dividend stocks. Blue chip and high yield stock will still be my preference.

Below are the top 30 holdings. They are still the same counters as in October, besides some postion changes.

1. SPH
2. OCBC Bk
3. ComfortDelGro
4. Semb Corp
5. DBS
6. F & N
7. SP AusNet
8. ST Engineering
9. Starhub
10. SGX
11. MetroHldg
12. Nikko AM STI ETF 100
13. SIA
14. CitySpring
15. Kep Corp
16. FraserComm
17. CapitaComm
18. SembMar
19. MacqIntInfra
20. SATS
21. CapitaLand
22. MapletreeLog
23. FrasersCT
24. KS Energy
25. Sabana Reit
26. SingTel
27. AIMSAMPIReit
28. AscottReit
29. Noble Group
30. CoscoCorp

Noble lost a few positions after the price plunged when it reported its 1st quarterly loss.

No comments: