Friday, February 2, 2018

Portfolio Update 31 January 2018

Global stock market started well this year, with DJI hitting new high several times. STI moved up also in the beginning, but appeared to have lost steam in the last week of the month. At the end of the month January, STI moved up 131.07 points, or 3.85% compared with last month.

My portfolio moved up also, but in a slower pave. Compared with last month, its value rose only 3.54%. Nevertheless, this is still a very good start in the new year.

There was no trade done in this month. As the index moved beyond 3,500 (it touched 3,600 this month but did not stay there), I am slowing down the investment in shares.

Total dividend collected in January was S$13,260. Most of the dividend this month came from bond and UT investment, as not many share counters payout dividend in January.

Below are my top 30 holdings as at 31 January 2018.

1.         M1
2.         DBS
3.         OCBC Bank
4.         SPH
5.         ComfortDelGro
6.         Ausnet Services
7.         Metro
8.         CapitaComm Tr
9.         Kep Inf Tr fKa CIT
10.     ST Engineering
11.     Frasers Comm Tr
12.     Keppel Corp
13.     SGX
14.     Sembcorp Ind
15.     SATS
16.     CapitaLand
17.     AIMSAMP Cap Reit
18.     Starhub
19.     Sing Inv & Fin
20.     Mapletree Log Tr
21.     Lippo Malls Tr
22.     Global Inv
23.     Tai Sin Electric
24.     OUE
25.     Cache Log Trust
26.     YZJ Shipbldg SGD
27.     Lian Beng
28.     Nam Lee Metal
29.     Ascendas Reit

30.     United Engineers

12 comments:

sgxfish said...

which platform you used to buy bonds?

Sanye ◎ 三页 said...

Hi sgxfish,

I buy bonds through DBS.

Nowadays I buy shares also using DBS platform.

sgxfish said...

Hi Sanye,

Any different in fee and commission compare to purchase from fundsupermart?
Is the commission charged same for purchasing bonds and shares?

Sanye ◎ 三页 said...

Hi sgxfish,

The commission charge by banks are higher than fundsupermart, but they are not comparable in term of services provided.

Commission charged for trading shares is 0.18% and there is no minimum charge. Commission for bond is usually 1%, but you have access to corporate bond IPO.

Hope this answer your questions.

Cheryl said...

Hi Sanye,

Looking to buy some shares (for first time).
Any idea what is a good amount to start with for a first timer?
There seems to be a lot to choose from, but what is really good one to buy and hold?


sorry if it sounds like a silly question.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sanye,
Can share with us why do you Lian Beng?
Jason

sgxfish said...

Hi Sanye,

DBS Vickers is charging minimum of SGD25 or 0.18% using online if trade above SGD100,000.
Cash upfront account is minimum SGD18 or 0.18%, I could not find any info of no minimum charge.

BTW, how you get access to corp bond IPO? The bank RM contact you when there is new IPO?

Sanye ◎ 三页 said...

Hi Cheryl,

It's difficult to give any advice on "good amount to start with for a first timer". In my opinion, any amount that you are prepared to lose all is a comfortable amount to start with.

What is a good share to buy and hold? Ask yourself the question: "Is this company going to exist in 5 or 10 years?" For me, I started with blue chips companies that are defensive in nature, e.g. SPH, STE, SingTel, Comfortdelgro..... However there is no guarantee of success. Just look at SPH....

Sanye ◎ 三页 said...

Hi Jason,

I like Lian Beng's dividend payout and I thought it was undervalued when I bought it.

Sanye ◎ 三页 said...

sgxfish,

I don't use DBS Vickers. I use DBS Treasury Private Client platform.

Yes, my RM will contact me when there is new IPO. I can also buy from market after IPO when the price is right, through my RM.

sgxfish said...

Refer to the one of bond price from the market.
The graph shown that the price at end of the day
Bid Price $100.075
Ask Price $99.975

But the online indicative price
Bid Price $103.33
Ask Price $103.118

My RM quoted $104. Any idea how to get this buy price?

Anonymous said...

Do you know something more about this system ax-dynamics.com? Or maybe you use it in your companies? I want to implement that kind of solution in my company and I'm looking for some information about different kind of systems.