Thursday, April 30, 2015

30 April 2015

This month STI ended up 40.38, or 1.17% compared to end of March. Market has been quite volatile. Interesting news to note: US economic data seemed not very good, and the Fed may push back the date to hike interest rate. China economy is slowing down, but the stock market is red hot, with many "Da Ma"(大妈)opening trading accounts and push the market up. In my opinion, this is a sign of bubble forming up and is not good. Singapore corporate earnings are mix, with the banks doing very well in the past quarter. Oil price rebounded a little and so are the related counters.

My portfolio performed very well this month. Its value rose 2.3%, beating STI performance. I bought into QAF this month. I received some shares from Global Investment Limited through scrip dividend scheme this month. I also received some shares from Boustead Project this month (spin off from Boustead). As the counter started trading at 88 cents, I treat this as the buy price in my record. The fund was treated as dividend from Boustead for record purpose.

In previous years, April was normally a month with low passive income. This month, I start to received dividend from a UT (this one pays dividend quarterly) and this boost the income. With the extra dividend from Boustead (in species) the total passive income this month amounts to S$17,500!

Below are my top 30 share holdings as at 30 April 2015. SIA Engineering entered the list, replacing FCT. YZJ moved up a few positions due to price increase.

1 ComfortDelGro
2 SPH
3 DBS
4 OCBC Bank
5 Ausnet Services
6 Sembcorp Ind
7 Metro
8 ST Engineering
9 SGX
10 Starhub
11 Frasers Comm Tr
12 CapitaLand
13 CitySpring Trust
14 OUE
15 AIMSAMP Cap Reit
16 CapitaComm Tr
17 YZJ Shipbldg SGD
18 United Engineers
19 Nikko AM STI ETF 100
20 Mapletree Log Tr
21 Ascendas Reit
22 SingTel
23 SIA
24 Global Inv
25 Sing Inv & Fin
26 SATS
27 SingShipping
28 Lippo Malls Tr
29 SIA Engineering
30 Sembcorp Marine

9 comments:

B said...

Hi Sanye

Simply amazing!!! $17.5k income for an April month is very impressive. May should be the major month for you.

Sanye ◎ 三页 said...

HI B,

Yes you are right. May dividend should exceed 20K. :)

Sanye ◎ 三页 said...

Oh I should clarify, not all 17.5K are received in cash. Some are received in form of shares, i.e. GIL, Boustead Proj.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sanye,

The buy price of Boustead Proj should be $0 and not the starting price of $0.88, since you received the shares for free and the share price of boustead Sp has adjusted lower accordingly after distribution. In that sense, your returns this month should be much higher ! Congrat!

Sanye ◎ 三页 said...

Hi Anonymous,

Thanks for pointing it out. I did consider to put the buy price of Boustead Proj as zero but there will be a problem with my spreadsheet. So I decided to put it at 88 cents and treat the amount as an extra dividend (or capital return) from Boustead. It's just for record purpose and since both are in my pocket, I think I don't have to be too exact. :)

Jimmy L said...

Well done!

cookie said...

Hi Sanye, what proportion of your portfolio does your emergency funds constitute?
paul

cookie said...

Hi Sanye, what proportion of your portfolio does your emergency funds constitute?
paul

Sanye ◎ 三页 said...

Hi Paul,

Sorry for the late reply, I just come back from overseas trip.

When I started, I set aside 6 months of family expenses as emergency fund (cash).

After I reached 55, I left part of CPF OA untouched to serve as emergency fund, which is about 18 months of family expenses.